Years ago, concrete was considered a necessity in some applications, but not terribly interesting. Most of us are familiar with the flat slate gray or black concrete of the past from sidewalks, schoolyards and garages. Now, with proper sealing, concrete has become a common replacement for luxury flooring in homes, offices, and more! The proper sealing protects the surface from a variety of wear and damage factors that would otherwise call for repairs or replacement. It can also be an opportunity to add stylish colors and patterns to take this boring staple into modern design territory. Here are some of the benefits of sealing your concrete with decorative coatings and toppings:
- Increased durability: The most practical reason to get a decorative coating and adding toppings to your concrete is the increased durability. By adding an extra layer to the surface of the floor, you can prevent a series of damages. You can prevent wear patterns developing from walking or driving over the surface of your flooring as well as stains caused by pet accidents, oil seepage, or other common household messes. The dust that occurs when concrete is broken down or worn away will also be absent, making clean-up around the home much easier. Moisture will cease to be a worry when you seal the surface, as it will not permeate the nonporous surface.
- Design Applications: Although function is often the first concern of homeowners when they are contemplating coating their concrete, the decorative aspect is just as important. You want your home to be just as beautiful as it is durable, and our team can give you just that with the proper decorative coating and toppings. You can transform a plain concrete surface into one that resembles marble or other kinds of natural stone, or create a more level surface with a pop of color using toppings beneath the coating you select. In this way, you get the gorgeous look of more luxurious flooring options without losing the strength and hardness of a concrete floor or going over your budget. Having so many options in color, luster, and patterns can help you bring together a disjointed decor with ease. All you need is a little help from the professionals!
Have you started looking at your concrete floor differently yet? There are many opportunities for function and design, and we hope to inspire you to explore the options you have. Now that you understand how opting for decorative concrete coatings and toppings can be an improvement for your home, here are some things that we suggest keeping in mind while you go forward in your plans:
- How large is your space? This can help you estimate the costs before you begin your project, making setting a budget much easier. It can also help you create a timeline for how long the project will take to finish. You can speak with our installers or customer service consultants prior to coating your concrete for a better perspective.
- How long has the concrete been there before sealing? The longer your flooring has been in its current state, the more work it may require. This will give your installers some idea of the condition of your concrete before they begin a more thorough inspection.
- Has the concrete previously been sealed? If your concrete has already been sealed, we may make a different recommendation in terms of what products to use for decorative sealing or the need for toppings based on its condition.
- What kind of coating would you like to use, epoxy (liquid coating) or epoxy and urethane (usually goes on top of epoxy)? Epoxy is often used in tandem with urethane sheets to create a more durable seal for your concrete. Our professionals will discuss the differences, advantages and disadvantages with you if you are not exactly sure what your concrete’s needs are.
- Is your surface level? Does it require toppings to level out the surface before being coated? Do you require a slope that runs to a drain to prevent flooding? Checking for cracks, gouges, dips and holes can save you a lot of stress in the long run. These will need to be repaired prior to your decorative coating and topping work.
With a little preparation and the right team behind you, making your concrete more durable and pleasing to the eye is a stress-free and fairly straightforward project. You can have a beautiful room, outdoor space, garage, and more with decorative concrete coatings and toppings from White River Flooring. To find out more about our products and services, stop by one of our Searcy locations or contact us by phone at (501) 593-4994
. Web-savvy customers can contact customer service reps at firstname.lastname@example.org
. When you want beautiful home renovation work done at a price you can afford, White River Flooring has the solutions for you.